Blog Archive

7.12.2011

The Interview

As my interview for my 'potential' new school approaches, I was brainstorming what to wear. I discussed this with a friend of mine, and as we were talking, I heard myself say "Any girl can put on a blazer, dress pants, and heels". And that's right, ANY girl can do that, so what makes ME or YOU different?

Since we are getting older, our interviews are not for McDonald's, Garage Clothing, and The Source anymore. These interviews tend to be a more direct path to the rest of our lives. You need something that makes YOU DIFFERENT, or in plainer terms, MAKES YOU YOU!

Any girl can put on the pant suite that Coco Chanel made her own almost a hundred years ago, but something has to make you stand out from the hundreds or maybe thousands of other girls wearing that same suite. Of course I must brainstorm on my own outfit for this event, but I put this out there to all the other girls... even if the job/internship/school has no focus on attire necessarily, what you wear speaks almost just as loud as what you have to say.

Maximize your potential, in more ways than one.