Blog Archive

7.19.2011

The End


I put it off as long as I could, but I saw it, the last Harry Potter movie. It's now all over and I am terribly sad. Being close to the same age as Harry and the gang, I practically grew up with them and their adventures. Even though I am so torn at this being 'the end', I have to give a round of applause to the movie... it did the ending justice and I could not be happier with the way it turned out.

I cried, I laughed, I was even surprised (because I forced myself to NOT read the book again since it came out), and a little turned on I must admit. Harry is all grown up, kicking butt and taking names, and it's REALLY attractive. Same goes for Ron and most of the other characters, *sniff* they're all grown ups now and saving the world.

I would also like to commemorate Alan Rickman as Severus Snape. Thank you for being one of the best villains/heroes ever, you did J. K. Rowling's character MORE than justice, you made him who he is.

It's weird to know that I will never wait in line for another Harry Potter movie, but in retrospect I am glad it did not get unbearably dragged on. It was a good end to a wonderful story, I think for most people now we will not be reading our children Cinderella or Little Red Riding Hood... we will be reading them Harry Potter.