Blog Archive

7.28.2011

The Legend

The Sir Paul McCartney concert in Montreal has come and gone.

Obviously I am a little biased on the topic of Paul McCartney but I have to say again what a great show it was.
-He didn't have an opening act
-He played 3 straight hours
-Did two encores
-Played 4 guitars, 2 basses, 2 pianos, a ukulele and a banjo
-He even did a Jimi Hendrix tribute and played Foxey Lady

The man is 69 years old, need I say more? I feel that that sums up WHY all of these things made the show even greater.

I have watched The Beatles' movies and documentaries about them, and it was just so funny and heart-warming to see that Paul is only old on the outside, not the inside. He was the EXACT same personality, cheery/cheeky/fun, as he was when he was 20.

Among the other tributes, there was one for George Harrison where he played "Something in the Way She Moves" (a Beatles' song written by George) and one for John Lennon where he played "Here Today" (a song that Paul wrote to John after John had died). I must admit, that that song made me tear up. The synopsis of it is that he imagines a conversation that he and John would have if John was still here, and he admits to loving John very much and that it has never been the same without him.
*I do stress the fact that you should listen to it.

There's no one that does it like Sir Paul McCartney does, if I had the money I would see every show. I hope he is still able to perform like this up until a VERY VERY ripe old age, because there's no other place for Paul, than on the stage.